Monday, March 19, 2012
Roger Federer has been on a roll since last year's US Open. He's won 39 of his last 41 matches (unfortunately both losses in Grand Slams) and won four of the last six tournaments he entered. His win at BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells, ties Nadal for the record at 19 Master 1000 titles. Federer also leads the South African Airways ATP Ranking Race to London which is no surprise given his recent victories.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Here is my take on Rafael Nadal's autobiography "Rafa". Being a huge tennis fan, I found it interesting to read what went on in Nadal's head throughout his career up until the end of 2010. It's kind of funny for someone to have an autobiography when they're only 24. I guess someone in his entourage really wanted this project to go through and it did.
- Rafa was born and raised in Manacor, Mallorca, a town of 40,000
- Rafa feels closer to Mallorcans compared to other Spaniards (he speaks Mallorqui, dialect of Catalan and incomprehensible to Spanish)
- Mallorca is the only place Rafa can be in peace, people leave him alone with the notion that everyone is equal. A quote from a book that describes the culture of Nadal's hometown well, "Dear Mallorcans", tells us, “Anyone who tries to raise their head above the rest will immediately have it chopped off.”
- Nadal literally mean "Christmas" in Catalan
- Rafa cut out running from training (says he runs enough in practice/matches) Wow!
- Uncle Toni did not get paid for his time as a coach but he owns half of Rafa's father's company and takes half the profits without doing any work.
|Manacor on Google Maps|
Sunday, March 11, 2012
If you haven't seen my original post on Cacao 70, click here.
Cacao 70 recently changed it's menu. Prices are a bit higher but there are new items that we tried that were very good. They added a few dishes, like the Strawberry and Cheesecake Crepe seen below and my personal favorite, the Black and White Waffle. The cheesecake is softer than what I am used to but still tasty. The waffle is basically a pound cake in the shape of a waffle and with the addition of extra ice cream (used to be one scoop which wasn't enough) and crunchy chocolate wafer balls, it's the best you can get.
Friday, March 9, 2012
Thursday, March 8, 2012
If you haven't seen the latest trailer for Marvel's Avengers Assemble, and you are somewhat of a comic book fan, than you should definitely click the video below. What's interesting to note is that the German version of the trailer has a few extra scenes not seen in the English version.